On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Sasha Pachev wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 August 2001 15:14, Martin MOKREJ? wrote:
> >   I have on Linux running 3.23.41 the following problem:
> >
> > $ /usr/local/mysql/bin/myisampack -v -v -f --tmpdir=/tmp
> /data/mysql/Aactinomycetemcomitans/blimps.MYI
> > Compressing /data/mysql/Aactinomycetemcomitans/blimps.MYD: (1443 records)
> > - Calculating statistics
> >
> > normal:      7  empty-space:       0  empty-zero:         0  empty-fill:   7
> > pre-space:   0  end-space:         3  intervall-fields:   0  zero:         1
> > Original trees:  16  After join: 9
> > - Compressing file
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> > $ gdb /usr/local/mysql/bin/myisampack ./core
> > [...]
> > Core was generated by `/usr/local/mysql/bin/myisampack -v -v -f
> --tmpdir=/tmp /data/mysql/Aactinomycet'.
> > Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
> > #0  0x400f00d5 in ?? ()
> > (gdb) where
> > #0  0x400f00d5 in ?? ()
> > #1  0x8050557 in compress_isam_file ()
> > #2  0x804e18c in compress ()
> > #3  0x804d4b4 in main ()
> > #4  0x400b3a42 in ?? ()
> > (gdb) quit
> > $
> >
> > The calling perl script reports as an error value in $! "Illegal seek".
> >
> > It happens to me with 3 table-types:
> > Packing blast Aactinomycetemcomitans failed: Illegal seek
> > Packing blimps Aactinomycetemcomitans failed: Illegal seek
> > Packing rep Aactinomycetemcomitans failed: Illegal seek
> > Packing rep Aeropyrum_pernix_K1 failed: Illegal seek
> > Packing rep Anabaena failed: Illegal seek
> > Packing rep Aquifex_aeolicus_VF5 failed: Illegal seek
> > Packing rep Archaeoglobus_fulgidus failed: Illegal seek
> > Packing rep Athaliana_I failed: Illegal seek
> >

> > May I upload you some tables? ;-)
>
> Go ahead. For future refrence, if you can type How-to-repeat with good
> instructions after that, write directly to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Look in pub/mysql/secret for myisampack_failing.tgz .
It contains I hope representative sample of our failing tables, i.e. not
all of them, but all table-types are included.

--
Martin Mokrejs - PGP5.0i key is at http://www.natur.cuni.cz/~mmokrejs
MIPS / Institute for Bioinformatics <http://mips.gsf.de>