I have a deployment of mySQL 3.23.26-beta running on FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE.
I am running 3 databases off of a single mySQL server.
In one particular database I am unable to insert records - the process just
hangs.
My intuition would tell me that maybe something is corrupted in the index.
Since I have no problem whatsoever selecting records from the database, I
thought I would create a new table with the same schema and copy the records
over.
HOWEVER, although I am logged in as root and root has full priviledges in
the user table, I am unable to either create new databases or add new
tables.  This is getting extremely frustrating.
Below is a sample of the results:

mysql> use aplcore

Database changed
mysql> create table test (ID int);
ERROR 3: Error writing file './aplcore/test.frm' (Errcode: 28)
mysql>

I have set the access rights for the aplcore directory under mySQL to 776 to
make sure it was not an access issue.
Any help will be deeply appreciated - this needs to be resolved ASAP.

Also, I am logged in as the superuser account.