Hello everyone!!

I am installing the latest rpm for mysql 3-23.41 on a RedHat 7.1 box and
want the "datadir" to be "/data/mysql/data". In my "/etc/my.cnf" file I
have the directive:

[mysqld]
datadir=/data/mysql/data

The installation completes but the daemon won't start. I do the
mysql_install_db command and the requisite tables are installed in my new
data directory, the message states that it is starting with the data in the
new directory, then the server stops and the error message from the error
log is :

"/usr/sbin/mysqld: Can't find file: './mysql/host.frm' (errno: 13)"

This file in fact exists in the new data directory as well as the
"/var/lib/mysql" directory.

Does anyone know how to do this correctly??

Thanks,

Phil