> > A quick question: How come the mailing list software
> > doesn't add a reply-to header? Is this intentional to
> > keep replies off the mysql list, and if so why?

I just finished writing a mail list system, so I'll give this a shot.

When the mail list software gets a message in, he has to send it back out to everybody
on the list. There are two ways of doing this:
  1. Send a single mail to each person.
  2. Send one mail through SMTP with a long list of recipients.

The latter is much easier for many reasons. As such, everybody gets pretty much the
same headers. That means that we all see: