Hi, I've got a question that i'm sure that it is easy to solve. I've
installed mysql in Redhat Linux 7.0 and it is working fine. I've also
installed PHP module so i can make PHP pages. I've tried to do a small page
that connects to mysql server but this error appears:

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /var/www/html/prueba.php on line 4

  The code that I use for accesing the page is:

   $link = mysql_pconnect ('localhost','root','')

    I'm not sure if it is a PHP error or a MySQL server configuration
problem. I didn't change anything on MySQL, so perhaps, I have to change
something.

    Any idea?

    Thanks in advance.