hello,

 I have installed MySQL 3.23 on Mac OS X 10.0.4 . I now have to change the
ownership of the newly installed MySQL databases ( /usr/local/var ) to the
"mysql" user that I have created in NetInfo Manager , in order to start up
the database system. But my system does not have the chown utility installed
(for security reasons, I guess). Where can I get this utility so I can
install it on my system? Is there any other way to change the ownership of
these files (from "root")? any other suggestions? Thanks very much for your
help.

Bruce Perry
[EMAIL PROTECTED]