Tony Bibbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I guess where it can get confusing is when a stock RH7.1 install with PHP
> doesn't have mysql support enabled but postgresql is.

That depends on what you install. MySQL isn't (like many other
packages) in any of the premade installation categories - you can
select it in a custom install, or do a "everything" install.

> To the uninformed user like me who doesn't care to know the
> individual RPMS in the distro it is easy to make that, obviously
> wrong, assumption when, by default, the php-postgres RPM is
> installed.

It's not installed "by default" either, but if you select both the
"postgresql" and the "web server" components you'll get it.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.