From: Silver Fox [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 11:07 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: JDBC Connection help

Hi everyone,

I just installed MySQL on my linux box.  But when I tried to connect to my
own box with jdbc (jdbc:mysql://localhost/red), it gave me "SQLException:
server configuration denies access to data source".  I have already added
root in the mysql.user and mysql.db, why is this happening??  What
additional configuration change do I need to do??

Please help

Tony