Mike wrote:

> Is there a way to continualy update a MySQL database with an Excell file?
>
> Reason:
>
> Just to have some fun I am building a Code Red hall of shame in PHP and
> MySQL. I am anoyed from cleaning XX's and NN's all day in my Apache
> logs.And they call Open software Virul..rrrr.
>
> And Instead of complaining I thought this might be better to point the ISP
> to a page they can see for themselves.
>
> I can do this daily but an automated way would be nice.

Why would you pass the log through Excel?  A perl script might be better.

In answer to your first question: I do not know about directly from Excel but
you could set up a macro in MS Access to get the data from Excel and then
update the MySQL table.  And then set that to run periodically.

If you REALLY hate yourself and Apache/PHP are on the same machine as the
Excel file, you could query the Excel spreadsheet via ODBC.  But you loose
all DBA Karma points if you do. ;-)

--Bill