ricardo bravo writes:

> Hi All,
>
> where do I specify the remote hosts that are allowed to access port 3306? I
> have made entries in the user table of the mysql db, but still cannot conect
> from a remote machine. Thanks,

Do the entries match the host you're connecting from? Did you add them
with GRANT, and if not did you FLUSH PRIVILEGES? And first and foremost
excaclty what error message do you get, and when? Did you disable
TCP/IP with --skip-networking? Are you connecting to the right host and
port? Is MySQL running? Is there a firewall blocking the way? Did you
try connecting with telnet like the manual suggests?

--
 Carl Troein - Círdan / Istari-PixelMagic - UIN 16353280
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://pixelmagic.dyndns.org/~cirdan/