Hi all, just thought I'd let people know. I recently
developed a way to pass protected config file data to
unprotected perl scripts (system user scripts/cgis).

  The project can be found at
http://psc.sourceforge.net/

  It is a C setuid wrapper that opens a protected file
and drops its priviledge, then execs the proper perl
script leaving the filehandle available to it. There
is then a module Config::Secure, which initializes the
script and optionally parses the conf data.

  I originally came up with this idea in the search
for a way to pass DBI passwords to scripts that needed
to be available to users but connected to a database,
so I thought others here might appreciate it.

  It is still alpha, but I would appreciate any input.

  The project is all GPL, free for use.

                        Thanks - Ant

--