Hi folks,

I've the main developer of nss-mysql. I've found out a very strange
problem.

On a Debian potato, mysql 3.23.38 and glibc 2.1.3

This bit of code segfault on the last line. The string useris correct
(printed correctly in log).

        /* we escape the user string */
        secure_user = malloc(strlen(user) * 2 + 1);
        if ( secure_user == NULL ) {
                _nss_mysql_log(LOG_ERR,"initgroups: not enough memory to escape the
user string");
                *errnop = EAGAIN;
                return NSS_STATUS_TRYAGAIN;
        }

        mysql_real_escape_string(mysql_auth,secure_user,user,strlen(user));

This part is taken from the initgroups function and segfaults everytime
when called from Apache.  I've noticed that upgrading libc to 2.2.4
fixes the problem. I guess this is a problem in the client lib.

Any hints will be welcome.

--
Guillaume Morin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is done. (Metallica)