Howdy,

I tend to do both a dump to disk and then stop the DB and do a tape backup.
I don't believe there is an "Online" backup capability as user transactions
would need to be stored and played back against the DB after the backup as
in most production ready DB's.

Sid Young
QML Pathology
Database Administrator