I am trying to compile MySQLGUI for solaris 8. I can't use the precompiled
version as I do not have the same version shared library for libstdc++.
Recompiling that at this point is not an option. The precompiled version is
also several revisions old and not compiled for solaris 8 (this last
argument does not stand on its own, but if I am going for the latest
version, I might as well get it compiled for the same version)..
The first issue I have it that MySQLGUI expects the fl_editor package to
compile static libraries librcl and librcledit. However, the version
distributed from the mysql.com site as well as newer versions on the
maintainers site do not build these libraries. I had to get an older version
(0.3) to get these files built.
Using those static libraries I almost finished, but got a bunch of undefined
symbol errors errors when trying to build the final binary.
Thanks for your time.
Steve