> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to run a mysqldump.  I enter mysqldump
> -databases in order to backup all the databases. For
> some reason all I'm getting back is a help on the
> mysqldump. What am I doing wrong?
>
> thanks
>
> =====

It returns help whenever it doesn't understand what you're asking it to do
(or if your command is incomplete.)  The following line works to backup a
remote database to a local PC - Running the same version of MySQL both
places, and a user is setup on the MySQL server that allows remote read
(IP-restricted in my case, but I have a fixed IP):

c:/mysql/bin/mysqldump -h www.mydomain.com -u
UserID -pPassword --add-drop-table MyDBName > c:/ServerDumps/MyDBName.sql

I run a batch job with one of these for every database every day.

Hope that gets you started!

Jay Fesco