At 11:03 11.09.01, you wrote:
> > does MYSQL.COM has a table type same as GEMINI ( GEMINI
>
>yes. MySQL contains support for BDB and InnoDB tables, that are
>transaction-safe.

I donīt want to provoke any anger here, maybe iīm still too new on the list.

But actually, iīm a bit sick of the current state of the gemini dispute. I
have the feeling that you canīt even say the g-word loud here....

 From the description on the mysql.org website, gemini tables look pretty
good. But thatīs maybe because they are not so easy on describing the
problems with their tables as mysql.com on their website (with innodb and
bdb tables). Also, it looks just like marketing talk so i refuse to form an
opinion from that.

So could somebody more enlightened than me please fix us up on the
technological benefits/drawbacks on these table types?

Also, I would very much love to hear about these legal problems. mysql.com
still says "But the products they [NuSphere] have shipped are and continue
to be in GPL violation.". Nusphere gives you an "Gemini GPL Source"
download.  One of the two must be wrong :-))

I was about to type something to the effect "please shake hands, stop
sueing each other and live happily". but i see that iīm not clued enough
about the situation to have a real opinion.

Is somebody?

Henning