Hi,

I tried create table specify "type=InnoDB".
with the following script:

   >create table objects(uri blob not null, primary key uriIndex (uri(255)),
     classname blob) type=InnoDB;

I'm getting the following error

   ERROR 1073: BLOB column 'uri' can't be used in key specification with the used
table type

This is what I found in the mySQL docs:
* Only the MyISAM table type supports indexing on BLOB and TEXT columns. When putting
an index on a BLOB or TEXT column you MUST
always specify the length of the index:
     CREATE TABLE test (blob_col BLOB, index(blob_col(10)));

I could change the uri to varchar but...
* Values in VARCHAR columns are variable-length strings. I can declare a VARCHAR
column to be any length between 1 and 255,
just as for CHAR columns.

That's not very good, we can choose
- transactions but uri limited to 255 chars
- no limit but also no transactions

Is it supported ? If yes, please let me know how?
Any help is welcome.