I haven't run mysql personally on my OS X box yet but I do know of some
who have and there seems to be a current problem with getting mysql to
quit properly. I think that will be fixed with Mac OS X 10.1 which is
coming out sometime this month. Other than that go to
www.versiontracker.com and click on the OS X section and do a search for
"SQL" you will find a lot of tools to help you out.

Troy