hi

i'm totally new to this so you'll have to forgive these questions if they
are really basic.

the situation with my server is that i have a user name that is associated
with a mysql database

i logged in (after telnetting in) as the user using:

mysql -u username -p

i then entered my password

i got

Your MySQL connection id is 930616 to server version: 3.22.25

Type 'help' for help.

mysql>

as a reply which i took as a good sign.

i then entered:

create table saveMovie (
    -> id int not null auto_increment,
    -> Name varchar(30) not null unique,
    -> Object1 varchar(60),
    -> Object2 varchar(60),
    -> Object3 varchar(60),
    -> Comment text,
    -> primary key (id));

as a reply i got

ERROR 2006: MySQL server has gone away
No connection. Trying to reconnect...
Connection id:    930844
Current database: databasename

ERROR 2000: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'unique,
Object1 varchar(60),
Object2 varchar(60),
Object3 varchar(60),
Comment t' at line 3

as error messages

i am not sure why i am getting the error 2000 as i have got the code from a
mysql tutorial but the error 2006 worries me as it looks as though i am not
connected to any database

also i am not sure if the error 2006 is causing the error 2000.

can you help? am i doing something wrong or is there an error with my mysql
database?

thanks

toby