Hi Mark:
 "insert delayed" helps little.
 I think there are two reasons.
  1. One reason "insert delayed" speeding up insertion is that the client
will return immediately after it issues a "insert delayed" query. I think
all those inserts must be stored in a delayed queue and will be executed
whenever it is possible or necessary. But since the delayed queue can't
hold too many inserts and my program inserts data at a steady and high
speed and will run for a long period of time (couple of days or maybe
weeks), the queue will be full inevitably. And after the queue is full, I
think no inserts can be delayed any longer. At that time, the insertion
speed of my program will low down to the normal speed as insertion without
"delayed" option chosen.
  2. Another reason "insert delayed" speeding up insertion is that inserts
from many clients are bundled together and written in one block. But on my
server there are no other clients. So the insertion of my program can't be
accelerated in this way neither.

>Disable or remove indexes. This sometimes speeds it up tremendously
>depending on your indexes.

 Well, index... I do have some indexes in the tables, but I can't give them
up because those tables will be accessed at any time during the insertion.

>Is the hash table in the same server/database?

 The hash tables are in the same database.

 Well, I think maybe I should face the reality, maybe my program has
already tried its best, and so have we(us? hehe, poor english :).
 Any way, thanks for your help.

>From: "Mark Rissmann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "Z Julian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: high speed insertion required
>Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 11:14:26 -0700
>
>I use Delphi and am having a similar problem. But here are some things
that
>can be done (that I haven't tried).
>
>INSERT DELAY -- this is supposed to help because my SQL will recognize a
>group of inserts into a table and queue them. This should be faster.
You'll
>have to experiment on how long you allow the queue to build.
>
>Disable or remove indexes. This sometimes speeds it up tremendously
>depending on your indexes.
>
>Is the hash table in the same server/database?
>
>Please post your findings to the listserver. Let me know if this works or
if
>you have any more questions.
>
>Mark Rissmann
>-Drifting Sands LLC