Hi,

I have a table:
CREATE TABLE WI_PICTUREFILES (
        SECTIONID       VARCHAR(50) BINARY NOT NULL,
        PICTUREID       VARCHAR(50) BINARY,
        PICTUREFILE     VARCHAR(200) BINARY NOT NULL,
        PICFILEXT       VARCHAR(5) BINARY NOT NULL,
        SHEETNO VARCHAR(2) BINARY,
        UNIQUE PICTUREFILES_XPK (SECTIONID,SHEETNO),
        INDEX PICTUREFILES_X1 (PICTUREFILE)
);

The table has 32314 records.
When I compress it with 'myisampack' it's fine but after running 'myisamchk -rq' the
table can't be opened.
When running 'myisamchk -rq' I get this message:
E:\standalone\database\dtim9t>myisamchk -rq
E:\standalone\database\dtim9t\wi_picturefiles
- check key delete-chain
- check record delete-chain
- recovering (with sort) MyISAM-table
'e:\standalone\database\dtim9t\wi_picturefiles.MYI'
Data records: 32314
- Fixing index 1
myisamchk: error: Found too many records; Can`t continue
MyISAM-table 'E:\standalone\database\dtim9t\wi_picturefiles' is not fixed because of
errors
Try fixing it by using the --safe-recover (-o) or the --force (-f) option

Then I run 'myisamchk --safe-recover' and it works again.

Is this a bug in mySQL, or?!

Best regards

Joacim Järkeborn
Consultant - Systems Development