Slight problem that's confusing me a bit.

Upon connection to mysql using 'localhost' I get the age old error 'Can't
connect ... through /tmp/mysql.sock'

Before anyone screams - read the archive etc. I have tackled this problem
before but this time I am slightly confused.

The socket that mysql should be using is '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock', and if
I run mysqladmin version/variables I get this path echoed back at me, but
the connection error throughs back '/tmp/mysql.sock' as the path.

Have I just fouled up this time, or is there something a little strange
about this set-up (Cobalt RaQ4i).

Bobby Chopra
:: Source New Media ::