I have an error situation that I cannot resolve.  I have a number of MySQL
DBs on a FreeBSD server and use MyODBC to hook into them via an MS-Access
front end.  All goes well in that setup.  Recently I had a few site migrate
to a RedHat server.  I set up MySQL on the new server and all went well
until I tried to use the MyODBC connect.  I get the error
"[TCX][MyODBC]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'foo.com' (10061)(#2003)"
when I try to link to the MySQL DBs.  The ONLY thing I noticed is when I
installed MySQL it asked if I wanted to enable TCP/IP connects but it would
not allow me to check the box to allow this feature.  Upon analysis of the
configs here is what I find.

FreeBSD (works as desired):
version='3.23.37'
socket='/tmp/mysql.sock'
port='3306'
ldflags=''
client_libs='-lz -lcrypt -lm '

RedHat (error occurs):
version='3.23.36'
socket='/tmp/mysql.sock'
port='3306'
ldflags=''
client_libs='-lz -lcrypt -lnsl -lm '

Note these line contain the only two differences in the config files.  The
first is the version of MySQL.  The second is the inclusion in the
client_libs line "-lnsl" on the NON_working server.

Anyone have an idea what is causing the error?

Thanks,
David