I'm sorry.  When did it start supporting raw disk devices?  As
far back as I can remember, MySQL stores it's data files on an
existing filesystem, in 3 separate files:  .frm, .MYI, .MYD.

Ah, InnoDB apparently supports raw disk files.  I suppose I
should have said that the NATIVE MySQL backend doesn't support
raw disk devices.  I stand corrected.

-Tilghman

--
A computer without Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.