I have posted before regarding a problem with mysql 3.23.41 hitting some
sort of threshold limit and spawing threads like crazy.  I have seen
others post here with the exact symptoms, from what I understand these
are all linux boxen. I have personally tested it with the 2.4 series of
kernels, and others have reported the same behaviour in  the 2.2 series.

>From what I'm reading, we all experience:
1) Number of concurrent queries and, subsequently, threads increasing
rapidly
2) CPU utilization reaching 100% in seconds
3) load levels reaching 100+ in minutes
4) RAM behaving as normally as possible under the circumstances

So far, the only "fix" I have found, despite a ton of suggestions from
this list and a linux sys admin list I queried, has been to downgrade to
3.23.32.  Which obviously is not optimal, because of all the cool new
stuff in the later releases.  I don't feel like I can post this to the
bugs list because of the strict rules regarding the bug script there.
It is obviously a problem tho, since more and more people are reporting
identical behaviour.

So.  Are there patches not mentioned in INSTALL that we should be
applying?  Is there someone who can help get this to the developers'
attention?  Can anyone provide any information on this?

Thanks
jenn