I assume you've done the slow-query-log review thing... making sure all your
queries are fast, yes?
dpk

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Stefan Pinkert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: AW: MySQL is hogging my box

> There are some others with a similar problem(including me). The question
> still remain,
> if it is all caused by the same bug(?).
> What table-types do you use? (MyISAM,Merge,BDB,...)

  MyISAM

> How many entries are in the tables?

  Up to 145000 in some of the tables. But its not the usual stuff...
normal tables have around 15000 entries.

> How many queries/second?

  Based on the numbers on my system right now:

| Questions                | 526358     |
| Uptime                   | 2910       |

  That gives like 180 queries/sec, right? Isn't it a real big number???

> Do the queries use indices?

  Yes they do...

  Ok, after asking I've run myisamchk on the tables and then after
restarting it has started to go better. Not 50 load but 12, and slowly
rising.

  Besides when I look at the processlist I see many (5 to 10 at a time)
processes Locked for around 4 or 5 seconds. Any insights on this?

  Some guy has given me an insight about installing an older version of
MySQL. All my problems have been with 3.23.38 and 3.23.42. I'll try the
older version and would tell you what happens.

  Cheers.

--
  Luis Calero Muņoz
  $email{luis} = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'