Hi !!!!!

)-----Original Message-----
)From: Mikko Lampinen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
)Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 12:33 PM
)To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
)Subject: MyODBC properties window / VB data environment / ADODB
)
)Hi,
)
)I'm using Data environment (Visual Basic) and MyOdbc to make a
)connection to
)Mysql database. Every time my program establishes a connection using Data
)environment, the MyOdbc property window pops up. This dialog does
)not appear
)if connection is established using ADODB.
)
)So, firstly, is there any way to prevent MyOdbc property window
)appearing if
)data environment is used?

Ok, fixed in the 2.50.39 MyODBC release. Please tuned to announces or myodbc
list for the release announcement of this version later today or tomorrow
from Monty.

)
)Secondly, is it recommended to use ADODB with MyOdbc/MySql at all?

Yes. Do you have any to say NO ?

)There have been few warnings concerning ADODB and (sleeping) threads in
some news
)groups.

As for as I know, we are clearing all issues that pops up from
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] or mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]. There are some
known issues that are mainly due to version mismatch b/w the 2.x driver and
3.x ODBC DM, and in that majority of them are MS ODBC DM related. If you
take a look at Microsoft knowledge base or news groups, you find the reason,
why certain things are not working with ADO/DAO/RDO through the ODBC 2.x
compliant drivers.

For this reason only, we are developing a new MyODBC3 driver which is based
on ODBC 3.51 specifications, and we might have a BETA-1 release of this
driver this month end.

If there is anything stalled from 2.50 MyODBC driver, please send a detailed
mail to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (or if you have a support contract,
send it to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] ), which includes:

1. Version of the MyODBC driver and the server
2. Problem description
3. ODBC trace by ODBC DM and MyODBC
4. Reproducible sample.

So that we can look forward for the solution.

Regards, venu
--
For technical support contracts, go to https://order.mysql.com