hi,

Can anyone pl tell me as to how I can resolve a missing mysql.sock
problem??? Can anyone  pl send me the mysql.sock file???  been trying to
start mysql for the past 3 days and everytime am getting a "unable to
connect localhost error, missing mysql.sock"

I tried most of the suggestions found in the mysql documentation but nothing
so far.. tried reinstalling too but nothing...

a strange thing, a couple of days back I did c the mysql.sock file in the
/tmp dir but i can nolonger c it there.. did a find and came up with
nothing.. AM i seeing things!!??

trying every method possible to get it started...wanna try and c if someone
can send me the mysql.sock file and c if it works...

TIA,
sandeep
Portugal
(thoroughly frustrated!)
P.S: This post has been discussed in various forums but have not helped me
in solving this problem. Wud appreciate if anyone can gimme a hand..