There probably is a better way but the following should work:

"UPDATE tblCompany SET CoName=CONCAT('&quot', CHAR(59), 'tester', CHAR(59),
'&quot', CHAR(59)) WHERE CoID=109"

Like you, I believe there probably is an escape sequence for the semi-colon
but I'll be damned if I can find it documented.  Until someone else
enlightens us both, hopefully the above solution will see you through.