wrote:
> > My problem is probably my lib-2.1.2.so and
GNU Make v. 3.78.1
> > being too old.... but how muc trouble is it
to upgrade.....the LIB
> > V.  3.23.40 is running but with 12 failed
tests including bigint is
> > this an install I want to develop with.....
>
> Just use our binary - that is the easiest way
to fix it.

Sasha

   If I could I would....But your binary RPM of
any version will not install on a Caldera desktop..
   I tried..
 But I was able to successfully Compile v. 3.22.32

You must compile for Caldera.. Has to do with
the fact that Red Hat places some items in non GNU locations..
And Everbody prepares for Red Hat..

    So my question is it worth my time to
upgrade my libc,  no small task.
Because it may not even make a difference
regarding my Success.

     I have too much invested in time and apps
and upgrades to abandon
four Caldera installations...
    Any help is appreciated..

 Installed and working fine