Setup :
MySQL 3.23.42
Perl 5.6.0
DBI 10.32

I’m trying to do a few different queries where the table name needs to be
dynamic.  I’ve tried the following :

$dbquery = $dbhandler->prepare_cached(“SELECT id, target FROM ? where
somedata=?”);
$dbquery->execute($tablename,$somedata);

But I keep getting an error….  The error looks something like this :

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax near
''mod1' where id='test.1'' at line 1 at ClassMRTGDB.pm line 73.
DBD::mysql::st fetchrow_array failed: fetch() without execute() at
ClassMRTGDB.pm line 75.

Anyone know why this isn’t working?  Do I have to specify the table name in
the actual prepare statement every time?

Also, assuming I only run execute’s after I first define $dbquery, is
$dbquery guaranteed to be there until the program exits?  (I’m not
redefining $dbquery at any time…)  I’m pretty sure it is, so I’m just
checking.. Otherwise I need to write code to check on it..  ☺

Thanks,

Jason H. Frisvold
Senior ATM Engineer
Engineering Dept.