As I am still a newbie to mysql I am sure that some of the problems that I
am coming accross are created by myself, and others are probably so simple
that they are staring me in the face. I do, however, seem to be having some
problems with the below statement.
I would like the result of the query to only display one entry per company
no matter how many products they have.

$result = mysql_query("SELECT competitor.ID, Competitor.CompetitorName FROM
competitor, competitorproducts, productcategory WHERE
competitorproducts.CompID=competitor.ID and
competitorproducts.CatID=productcategory.ID and productcategory.ID like
\"$cat%\" and competitor.CompetitorName like \"$CompName%\"  and
competitorproducts.ProductName like \"$CompProd%\" order by CompetitorName
");

I am using PHP as a front end.

TIA.
Neil Silvester