Hi all,

I've done a decent amount of searching on Deja.com but haven't found anyone
with this particular problem.

I have two boxes running MySql on Win2k.  Replication works great.  One box
is Master, one is Slave.  After the boxes are running, any write to the
Master is replicated to the Slave.

However, if I have one write to the Master ~before~ the Slave starts, the
Slave isn't "caught up".  The docs indicate that:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/R/e/Replication_HOWTO.html

"After you have done the above, the slave(s) should connect to the master
and catch up on any updates which happened since the snapshot was taken."

I am not seeing the slave catch up.  Is this a Win32 bug or should I follow
some steps beyond what is listed in the manual?

To be very clear:  A write to the Master before the Slave is started is
~not~ replicated to the Slave.  A write to the Master after the Slave is
started ~is~ replicated.

Thanks for any help or advice!

On a related note, the manual is also not quite accurate for a Win32
install.  There is no my.cnf file in the data directory.  It's a my.ini file
and (on my machines) it's located in c:\winnt\  If you create the my.cnf
file in the locations indicated by the manual, it is ignored.

Jared Richardson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Incellico, Inc.
http://www.incellico.com