On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 07:40:45AM -0700, Kyle Hayes wrote:

> I did not see subselects in this list.  Will MySQL support
> subselects in 4.x?

The last plan for sub-selects I heard was in 4.1.x.

> What exactly does the "LOAD TABLE FROM MASTER" 'automagically'
> comment mean?  Does that command sync the slave with the master at
> that point?

Yes.

> If I have three tables, A, B, and C, and I want to load them at
> runtime from the master and start replication do I have to lock them
> before doing "LOAD TABLE FROM MASTER"?

I'm not sure yet.  But I think that the goal is to avoid the need to
do that.

> We are searching for a solution to enable us to load a large amount
> of data without stopping the master for more than a couple of
> seconds.  So far, we have been able to write our own complex code to
> do this, but it is far from the level of automation that we want.

Complex?

Have you seen mysqlsnapshot?

  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/mysql/mysqlsnapshot/

It's what I've used to setup replication?

> Could someone from the MySQL team please give us some details on
> subselects and the new load table functionality?

What I'm relaying is information I've heard from MySQL team members.
But I'm sure someone will speak up if I get any of it wrong. :-)

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance

MySQL 3.23.41-max: up 20 days, processed 394,225,723 queries (217/sec. avg)