> ms sql server is in our school and since i want to learn mysql, i want
> to copy the sammple databases from the school to my house. how do i do
> that? from ms sql --> txt --> mysql?

The method I outlined is exactly that mssql->txt->mysql.
Obviously, since the two machines do not seem to be networkable, I am
assuming that you have some means (cd-burner, etc.) of moving data from your
windows machine to your linux machine at home.  Both the "generate sql
scripts" function and bcp create text files which can be copied to the
medium of your choice.

Will French