Could someone explain to me how/when mysql uses temp files.. running a
new dedicated db server with twice as much ram as the old one, and the
new one keeps dumping 400+mb data into a temp file when the database is
searched, both with LIKE and MATCH/AGAINST statements... i have never
looked to see how big the tmp files actually get because it crashes our
coldfusion servers in the process. I am confused as to why this would
happen on the new server when it doesnt on the old one