Hi All,
        I m trying to install mysql on linux machine from binary file.After performing
all the steps given in documents for installation , when i try to change the passwd
using "mysqladmin" , it gives the error..
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)'

Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock' exists!

the file /etc/mysql.sock exists, but of size 0 bytes.

please tell me how i can overcome this prob.

thanx in advance..

Regards..

A Dhillon
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at http://email.indiatimes.com

 Buy Music, Video, CD-ROM, Audio-Books and Music Accessories from
http://www.planetm.co.in