On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 05:02:27PM +0000, Carl Troein wrote:

> Hugo Koji Kobayashi writes:
>
> > I'm making some tests with mysql and I got the errors below when I
> > run these selects:
> >
> > SELECT id, COUNT(*) FROM error_test WHERE info = 1 GROUP BY id LIMIT 10;
> > ERROR 1034: Incorrect key file for table: '#sql17adb_41f_4'. Try to
> > repair it
>
> If you get an error message, be sure to read it. :-O
> Run a REPAIR TABLE on the table, and then it should work.

No, it doesn't work. I have already run CHECK TABLE, REPAIR TABLE and
the problem still occurs:

-----
mysql> check table error_test;
+------------------+-------+----------+----------+
| Table            | Op    | Msg_type | Msg_text |
+------------------+-------+----------+----------+
| error.error_test | check | status   | OK       |
+------------------+-------+----------+----------+
1 row in set (0.88 sec)

mysql> repair table error_test;
+------------------+--------+----------+----------+
| Table            | Op     | Msg_type | Msg_text |
+------------------+--------+----------+----------+
| error.error_test | repair | status   | OK       |
+------------------+--------+----------+----------+
1 row in set (4.77 sec)

mysql> SELECT id, COUNT(*) FROM error_test WHERE info = 1 GROUP BY id
LIMIT 10;
ERROR 1034: Incorrect key file for table: '#sqlffa6_1_3'. Try to
repair it
-----

It's the reason why I sent this message to the list. Maybe someone can
explain me why this problem is ocurring with the key file.

I thought it was a problem with a table from another DB server that I
imported to mysql, but on table error_test I only made initial inserts
(sql generated by the perl script) to populate it and then the select
statement above.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Hugo