From: "Russell Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "sjs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 7:53 PM
Subject: Re: very newbie insert question

I did not see the full schema so I can't give you a definite answer.
However, your syntax is wrong:

INSERT INTO email_addresses (last_name, first_name, email_address) VALUES
("$lastname", "$firstname", "$email_address");

For each value you specify, you also have to specify a column name.

Did you set it up so the email_address field is the primary key?

HTH.

--Russell