Benjamin Pflugmann writes:

> Hi.
>
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 09:33:53AM +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> [...]
> > I've seen rumors about bool being an alias for tinyint(1), but it's
> > not in the manual and I haven't tested it.
>
> Actually, it's in the manual (but just recently ;), but it tells
> otherwise: http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/o/Column_types.html

Ah. One question about using CHAR(1) as BOOL, though:
Will the value be stored as 0/1 or as '0'/'1'? The
former would give all sorts of troubles, and the latter
would require a huge number of string<->int conversions
when the column is used in a WHERE. Is the performance
difference between BOOL and TINYINT(1) know?

Oh, and Benjamin, could you _please_ not send me two
copies of the mails when you reply. I _am_ on the mysql
list, you know, so there's absolutely no need to send
both to the list and to my email address.

//C

--
 Carl Troein - Círdan / Istari-PixelMagic - UIN 16353280
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://pixelmagic.dyndns.org/~cirdan/