In the MySQL documentation, it states that the binary log will be replacing
the update log, and it should be used in its place as it can do anything
the update log can. I'm not sure this is the case. The update log shows
where the individual connections connect from and what user connected. I do
not see that in the binary logs when I run mysqlbinlog on them. I checked
the options for mysqlbinlog and did not see any options for generating more
detail. Does the binary log contain this information, and if so how do I
get retrieve it? I really need this info for auditing purposes.

Dave Greco
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Administrator
Gleim Publications, Inc.