I downloaded the latest version of MySQL and installed it on my Sparc
Ultra5. I used the pkgadd -d to install it. It said the install was
successful. When I run mysql_install_db, I get the following error message:

# ./mysql_install_db
Creating db table
Creating host table
Creating user table
Creating func table
Creating tables_priv table
Creating columns_priv table
ld.so.1: /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld: fatal: libstdc++.so.2.10.0: open
failed: No such file or directory
Killed
Installation of grant tables failed!

Examine the logs in /usr/local/mysql/var for more information.

There are no logs in the indicated directory.
Any help that could be offered would be greatly appreciated.

David Aldridge