Hello all;

I'm running several MySQL installation (all version 3.23.37 under Linux)
under what I presume are some fairly harsh conditions, and wondered what
circumstances cause tables to be corrupted and need fixing with myisamchk.
This is happening once every few days and it's becoming a pain.  I have a
multithreaded process which is constantly opening and closing connections
to the database and trying to increase its concurrency until the load
average reaches something comfortable like 15, and the network connection
is saturated.  I've had to throttle it back to stop it opening more than
32 simultaenous DB connections but otherwise it works fine.  Until I start
getting errors from the table handler, that is, and the whole thing grinds
to a halt until I fix the table manually.

Can anybody shed some light on this?  I can't believe I'm putting it under
more load than something like Slashdot would, and they don't (appear to)
have half the troubles I've had.

cheers,

--
Matthew       > http://www.soup-kitchen.net/