From: "Torgil Zechel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 11:54 AM
Subject: SV: newbie - questions about timestamp(14)

: You can use NOW() to get the current timestamp:
:
: mysql> select NOW();
: +---------------------+
: | NOW()               |
: +---------------------+
: | 2001-10-18 12:49:29 |
: +---------------------+
:
: But it would be easier to let MySQL calculate the elapsed time:
:
: select
: IF(TIME_TO_SEC(NOW()) - TIME_TO_SEC(logged_ts) > 300, 'true', 'false')
: from <table>;
:
: where logged_ts is your logged timestamp and <table> is the name of your
: table..
:
: /torgil
:
: > Hi all
: > I'm having a problem getting a query to work where I want to compare
: the
: > current_timestamp to the logged timestamp, and return false if less
: than
: > 300
: > seconds, can you tell me if it is possible to have the current
: timestamp
: > returned as part of a query, so as I can then do my calculations in my
: > script.
: > Thanks
: > Paul