> Philip Lijnzaad writes:
>>
>> > Upload your file to this directory :
>>
>> >    ftp://support.mysql.com:/pub/mysql/secret
>>
>> Done.

> Sorry, it is 0 bytes long !!

No it is not.

  Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
  Logged in to support.mysql.com.
  Current remote directory is /pub/mysql/secret.
  ncftp /pub/mysql/secret > set passive on
  ncftp /pub/mysql/secret > put bugreport
      bugreport         bugreport.tar.gz
  ncftp /pub/mysql/secret > put bugreport.tar.gz

  The remote file "bugreport.tar.gz" already exists.
          Remote:         2975 bytes, dated Fri 19 Oct 2001 02:01:30 PM BST.

          [O]verwrite?  [A]ppend to?  [S]kip?  [N]ew Name?
          [O!]verwrite all?  [S!]kip all?  [C]ancel  >

So it is somewhere: I can't ftp put it because it says a file of the same
name and size already exists.

So, just to be on the save side, I have put it into /pub/mysql/Incoming

  ncftp /pub/mysql/secret > cd inc:
  ncftp /pub/mysql/secret/inc: > ls
  ncftp /pub/mysql/secret/inc: > put bugreport.tar.gz
  bugreport.tar.gz:                                        2.91 kB  932.64 B/s
  ncftp /pub/mysql/secret/inc: > ls

ftp ls doesn't work, so another ftp put shows that there is now a file of
this name and size there (in /pub/mysql/Incoming).

If this still doesn't work, would it be awfully incovenient to just *bloody*
get the file from my website
(http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~lijnzaad/mysql/bugreport.tar.gz) and put it where you
want ?

                                                                      Philip
--
The mail transport agent is not liable for any coffee stains in this message
Philip Lijnzaad, [EMAIL PROTECTED] European Bioinformatics Institute,rm A2-08