Hi,

Just stopped and started mysql with the -O max_binlog_cache_size=1000000,

but still this bin.001 file is increasing way over this limit, so it may not
be this:(

I didn't think it was due to replication as we do not have any replication
setup.

Also check the contents of the file.

?bin(iI;E3.23.43-log(iI;iI;ADatabasecreate table tablename(date varchar(9),
time varchar(10), orig varchar(20), action varchar(10), ifdi
r varchar(8), src varchar(30), dst varchar(20), service
varchar(20))FiI;aDatabaseINSERT INTO table

this is the top, the all INSERTS and values added are in the file. I assumed
it was a cache as these were all previous actions but can't get a limit on
this file. It is okay to periodically delete this file as it does not cause
any damage to the database, already checked that one:) but above option does
not seem to work.

anyone have any other ideas

thanks :)

Leon.