I had one mysql database established on my development server. A new project
came along so I created a new database. The new database works fine, but the
first database doesn't work any more. When I try to access data from the
database, either from JDBC or by starting mysql I get this error:

Didn't find any fields in table 'comments'

I get this for all tables. SHOW TABLES displays all the tables. CHECK TABLE
xxxx says "Can't find file: './avalon/comments.frm'. When mysql starts up it
says "Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /mysql/data" which is the
correct path. The files for the first database haven't been moved or
renamed. If I were starting mysql from the wrong directory I would think
that neither database would work.

Can someone tell me what I've done wrong?

-Sean Hammon