All of the locked queries are happening because another query has locked them out.
That is, until a certain query finishes, none of the others can execute.  See the
manual for more info on table locking.  You can generally fix this simply by fixing
your bad queries (adding proper indexes, etc), but if this will not work, switching to
InnoDB may be the most beneficial for you.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/T/a/Table_locking.html

Steve Meyers