Several posts on other lists are complaining of the same problem I am
seeing.

The "mysqladmin -u root shutdown" command just hangs on both
the 3.23.43 release and 4.0-alpha release for Mac OS X.

Yes, I have verified that:

1) The root account in mysql has Shutdown privilege
2) Its not just the safe_mysqld or mysqld_safe startup scripts just
spawning another mysqld

I spent a full day in the source code and was able to trace through some
of the code
but no luck.

Note: "mysqld.server stop" doesn't work since SIGTERM is mapped out.

Chris Handorf
[EMAIL PROTECTED]