Hi all,

I just found out, while looking for other things, that what seems to be the entire
content of the MySQL list is being published on the web.

I, for one, really don't like this idea. I have a reasonable expectation that what I
post here is for viewing by subscribers to this list, the MySQL community, not the
whole world.

I realize that a mailing list is not *real* private -- anyone can subscribe, after all
-- but I sure don't like discovering, for example, my personal email addresses on web
pages that are available to spambots.

The site in question is http://dbforums.com. Try, for example,
http://dbforums.com/t147187.html

I certainly haven't consented to my personal speech and writing being used as a
commercial operation's "content." I don't consider publishing my writing on a public
web page without my knowledge or consent to be fair use.

I'm not talking about a searchable mailing list archive; that is certainly reasonable
fair use. A searchable archive creates pages on demand for the person requesting them,
and doesn't leave them on the web to be found by search engines and 'bots.

Dear MySQL folks,
Have you given permission to dbforums.com to publish the content of this list?

Thanks everyone.

Best,
/Rob